Saturday, April 24, 2010

Farmers Market, Atlantis, and a movie, Oh my!

I don't think any of us wanted to get stuck at home today, AKA our place is a mess and no one wanted to clean : ) So, after sleeping in a bit today and having a quick breakfast, we were off to the farmers market in Cerritos.

Growing up I hated onions, but I'm starting to change my opinion of them. Especially since finding fresh onions! It really makes a world of difference in the taste. Bell peppers however, are still discusting.

After the farmers market (and a shirt change since it was getting warmer) we headed over to the Atlantis play park in Garden Grove which she has been BEGGING to go to the majority of the week, ever since she was looking at old pictures and saw some from last time we were there. I highly recomend this park. I first went years ago on a field trip with work. It is fully enclosed exept for the ticket booth gate. It only costs a doller to get in and they won't let anyone in who isn't with a child. There are multiple play area, all with an under the sea/Atlantis theme, along with two pic-nic area's, hills, grass, and lots of shade. Sometimes you can even spot some bunnies hopping around. Oh yeah, there is also a super long surpent slide the curves all the way down a steap hill, I didn't get a picture of it this time though.
The green dolphin was her absolute favorite and we had to keep going back to it, even though she kept calling it a whale.


Other than the green "whale" her favorite parts of the park where at the play ground way at the top of the hill where she (ahem, James and I) collected pine cones and she got to throw them down the twisty slide. She also really liked the drinking fountains there because they are big shells!

Peek-a-boo! Or. AHHH, she's being eaten by a sea star!!!

This guy can get comfortable almost anywhere! Did I ever tell you about the time he fell asleep standing up in my parnets kitchen while resting his head on the top of a ketchup bottle that was on the counter? Beyond funny.



We did go home for a few hours to rest, and did start to clean her room, but then decided to use some of the movie passes we've received to go see the movie Oceans. Elaina was pretty excited to go to a big movie theatre to see fish and dolphins and turtles etc.

She did pretty well, even though she was probably the loudest kid in the place since she kept asking questions. She was getting tired towards the end, but said she liked it. I was pleasantly surprised by it, it had a lot of beautiful shots and actually had humorous parts. Thank heavens WAY better then March of the Penguins.

No comments:

Post a Comment